Saturday, April 23, 2011

To fly


"That to fly requires chaotic, sometimes even violent passages--becomes a metaphor for all of life's most meaningful endeavors. "
— 
Kelly Corrigan

Thanks everyone, for flying the violent passages right along with me!  It promises to be a bumpy ride, and I am so glad I have you all strapped in along side of me. 



Look what sunshine came bursting onto the scene last week?

My nieces, Madi and Alex, ages 11 and 9, sporting their neckLaces and bracelets, all the way from Hershey, PA.  More bracelet photos coming soon!!




 Madi-o, always smiling, funny sense of humor, avid reader and writer, and beautiful girl.


The 4 cousins who are famous for getting along really well and always being excited to spend time together.  



Clever girl Alex who wore her neckLace as a ponytail holder!  Smart girl!  Alex is funny, sensitive, shy for a second or two, and very cute! 


The clownsters together.



My sis-in-law, well, sister really, Kelly.  


My little brother, Lee.   And not to be forgotten, ever, the only one missing is of course, Dad, and Grandpa to the our kids.  Miss you Dad! 



                                                                My funny boy Colton.


And just like that, snap, and the Hershey Helds were flying off back to their home again and our hearts will never be as full as when we are all together. 


My mailbox is well fed these days, more than any girl has a right to receive.  But each and every card, note, gift, phonecall, is such a lift to my spirit and buoys me all day.  


This is a beautiful, soft, warm, prayer shawl, crocheted for me by a blog friend Jen, and sent by her and one other blog friend, Lisa.  Thanks Ladies!  Jen, I so often admire your work and its such an honor to have it around my shoulders.  Its so warm, and soft and the prettiest shade of blue... I simply adore it.  Thank you both for thinking of me! 


This little bottle of Hope came from my neighbor Dawn who works for Sanford, the medical center where I received treatment.  Its given to each cancer patient as gesture of faith and friendship.  A volunteer made it, and it comes with a card filled with hope for recovery and survivorship.  Thanks Dawn! 


How pretty is this?  And the message is perfection.  Its true, I hardly know Shannon, but she took the time, not only to send me a gorgeous canvas, but she wrote very humbling and heartfelt words, and they're tucked away in my heart.  Thank you Shannon, I am so honored. 





And Jamie thought of me when she was dying eggs with her triplets, yes, two girls and a boy.  Her nephew Luke brought it to me... It says Vicky in glitter on it and its solid pink.  So sweet!  Thanks Jamie and kiddos. 






This is the Easter message, that awakening is possible, to the goodness of God, the sacredness of human life, the sisterhood and brotherhood of all.

Anne Lamott




Have a Blessed Easter everyone!





11 comments:

  1. I am truly thankful that God is showering you with His love in practical ways. May you continue to find strength as you walk this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with your family. I love seeing the pics of the kids together. You look fantastic as always!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling pictures of dear family and what good medicine. I hope this RESURRECTION Easter brings a huge reminder of what God can do. Loving you, praying for you, giving thanks that you are surrounded by a host of earthly angels who are constantly ministering to you. WHAT A PRAISE!!!! Happy Easter, dearest Vicky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy easter vicky to you and your family !!!

    {ps...is that canvas a kelly rae print?}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, nice! More love, more color, more hope! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on all that's going on in the Westra household. I loved the shots of the cousins being together, enjoying themselves, being silly. :) That's what life is about!

    Hugs to you this Easter day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures and friendships and love for Easter to share with a beloved lady.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you like the prayer shawl...Jen did a great job. Thinking of you today Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you were feeling okay Vickie, it is great to see the kids all playing, and just how full your heart can be when family surrounds you. love that shawl that was made for you, and I really liked the pink Easter Egg. Every time I read one of your posts I feel that so much love surrounds you. sending a hug from Canada. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of you ALL weekend long. So if prayer and good wishes can do anything you should be healed by today. Your last post really shook me. You are amazing and I just want everything to be okay. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, there is so much goodness here and again I am so moved by all of it!

    I am in love the prayer shawl. I like to think of it warming you, warming your prayers, warming the world.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very happy that you had that fun and connection time with your family! Everyone is beautiful in those pictures! You look great.

    Those quotes are fabulous :)

    Thinking and praying for you all the time. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape