Wednesday, April 6, 2011

If...

If he can boldly wear pink to school, with a smile on his face...







And she reminds me to sparkle, like the gem that SHE truly is... with a gift inside the cup that makes my own cup overflow...





And they, well "they" = more love than any one person can absorb in a night. And I know this, because whenever a tiny doubt enters my mind, I go and rummage through the bags of goodies, of love really, and joy, and it all comes rushing back in... leaving no room for doubt.



And if she, a stranger, can become a friend, who sent me an angel a day (there is one tiny white one hidden inside the cute purse so there are actually 7 of these), and makes me feel watched over and protected...




Plus she, if she can,  minister to both my heart, and my soul, and she remembers the chocolate, (smiles)...




And if they, at 10 and 5, tell their mother they like this one, and can see the truth in this statement...


And if she can remind me of this... which I love...



And they, two of whom I've never met, one from each coast of the US,  can wrap me in these, and these dance in my mind and play out in my head, and nourish and sustain my soul....


And if she gives of herself so freely and openly, with vitamins and minerals and fight songs on mix cd's, that boost more than my body indeed...



And if she can see clearly, I have a job to do... with chocolate too... 



 And if she at 5 years old, gets that all I really need is hope, faith, dreams, and a big heart full of love...



“All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.”  Nike


Then I say "yes, I can too!" 


15 comments:

  1. You are surrounded with so much love and care. And YES YOU CAN! I am a new friend and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chilly bumps all over me! Because I know you CAN! I know YOU can! I KNOW you can! OK, so where do I put the emphasis????? It all boils down to "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I learned that when I was on the floor hugging a toilet, through surgery, through radiation. Sometimes I said it when I had almost no breath left, and I shouted it in victory when it was all over! You go, girl! YOU CAN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do anything!! Love walks with you...love wonders with you...love holds you up...love enjoys chocolate with you...love hugs your boys with you...love nourishes you...

    (Vicky, see how I had to mention chocolate. LOL)

    Tell that handsome hockey star in pink that he's a life all star and my guys say that he'll be the king of hat tricks! Love ya - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You out of anyone I know can! Thinking about you friend and so glad to see that you are more than surrounded by all things show just how great you are. You can, you can! ~Kjersten

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE ARE FIGHTING LIKE GIRLS! I love you and I love all of "them." the "they" who love you big and wide, just like we do.

    Tell them YES, friend. I'm shouting YES YOU CAN from the rooftops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Girl, There is NOTHING stopping you....the pink boxing gloves......Its going to be a knockout!!!! XXXOOO
    PS YOU are just the easiest person to love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!!YOU CAN!!!!!!!!And I am praying that the love that surrounds you, envelops your heart and makes you STRONG!!!!!!!!!!FIGHT LIKE A GIRL, we are STRONG!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are as usual, tearing me up and yes, I agree, you can fight and still win. I'd drop doctors who don't think positive. You need positive.
    You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you Vicky, I know you can lick this 'thing'...With so many people pulling for you, how could you not.. Please take care and rest as needed.. Glad you liked the angels, they hold lots of LOVE for you to be ALIVE. We all love you, gal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear Vicky. The love that surrounds you stretches through the computer and meets me, and I smile to think of all this and how you have generated it.

    You are loved, and that's what you need to remember most in the days ahead, Beloved.

    Hugs,

    Roxane

    ReplyDelete
  11. And your cheer team out here in blog world is cheering you on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes you can dear one. What a beautiful post today. I am thinking of you lots. I am so glad you have so many people that love you. hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape