Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's on your agenda?

I thought I would just post something quick on this frenetic day. I was delighted to see such a good turnout at the church our neighborhood votes at. Even our kids are well aware of how historic this day will be. Its one I hope they will remember. They each told us who they would vote for and its obvious to me their daddy has done a better job discussing the issues with them than I have! But I told them I'll get better at it before they get to voting age!

I've been taking pictures again. I was playing with the camera as Colton sat doing his "homework." But he is so well trained as hard as I tried I could not get a profile shot. So I gave up and engaged in his game of turning to smile whenever he sensed the lens in his direction. I'd point and he'd pivot and laugh... and then I got him! It wasn't my purpose, but it turned into a memorable moment because I let go of my agenda and had fun in the moment and was rewarded with this photo of him. It leads me to the question "how much do we miss when we are too focused on our own agenda?" I will let you ponder this thought and leave you with this image as I head off to Chicago with Rick.

5 comments:

  1. We both have handsome boys now don't we! How are you doing Heather? I'm waiting to see what you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll... I love those missing teeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is So proud of those missing teeth. He is standing here so I told him what you said and he giggled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Vicky...love this precious picture!
    Sooo, I can't stop thinking of snow in your forcast! Plllleeeease keep me informed and make sure the camera batteries are juiced up! It's going to be 75 here today. Oh Lord, I want Autumn back!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape