Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Idaho photos









Rick is traveling to Idaho to work with a couple of his schools this week. He emailed these to me last night. I just have to say the pictures don't even begin to capture the beauty of where we used to live. Breathtaking. As much as aspects of living in Idaho were hard to overcome, I never grew tired of the beauty of it all. My favorite wintertime activity was to go with Rick up into the mountains, snowshoeing with Dakota when she was just a pup. In traveling to Idaho from Minnesota you have to go through at least a portion of Yellowstone National Park on two of the routes you can take. The Big Sky, Montana route that Rick took is probably the trickiest driving by far but takes you past the ski resort and through the park and follows along the Gallatin River in Montana. We've seen buffalo, moose, elk, coyotes, and Rick one time saw a grizzly bear. Yesterday, I see it was geese on Henry's Fork which is a big fly-fishing haven not too far from Island Park and Ashton, Idaho.

8 comments:

  1. WOW.

    Those are seriously beautiful. I'm positive I could have my dream camera, that scenery and not come anywhere near those photos. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell yourself short : ) Anyone who knows their camera models as well as you do and about aperture and shutter speed, would certainly be able to have good success as well. But I will relay the compliment to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I take no credit for them, but I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, will you ask Rick a question for me (since you got me thinking all this camera stuff again)? I have a Canon G7, and I use autofocus but play around with aperture and ISO and stuff... I'm trying desperately to shoot without flash, but it's so hard not to get camera shake (I think the Image Stabilization must not work without the flash). Other than shooting in continuous mode and holding my breath, is there any other tricks or tips that work for using a point and shoot without the flash?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing as I read McMomma's post today! She came close to answering your very question, but no mention of image stabilization... will seek further info for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so beautiful Vicky!
    You can really tell when someone knows what they're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Rick. He will assure you though, its hard not to get it right with such beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape