Saturday, November 8, 2008

Show and Tell Preview

Tell:
We arrived home from Chicago a little after 1 am. The last hour and a half was nothing short of "white knuckle" driving through the wind, blinding snow, and ICY roads. We saw our share of accidents yesterday. Can I just say how extremely thankful I am for Rick's amazing driving ability? No matter which way we were skidding he managed to steer us back into our lane without getting too rattled. We even saw an ambulance that had rolled over into the ditch and was a mass of shattered glass, bent and twisted metal surrounded by "liquid" I am assuming was medicinal in nature and flashing twirling lights eerily enough coming from the now empty ambulance.

I also awoke with a sore shoulder/neck from sitting and bracing myself so much last night every time the car would skid and slide. And along with that is an odd vibrational hum I feel within myself. It could be remnants left over from the frenetic energy of Chicago. The people of Chicago are riding an especially high wave of enthusiasm and pride expressed in banners and signs and billboards with the proclamation "Chicago's own Obama." Or it could just be how "alive" I begin to feel when my senses have been flooded and overwhelmed with new sights, lights, smells, tastes, sounds and new experiences coming at me in a non-stop stream like a dream-sequence, only it was real.

It'll take a little while for me to decompress and sort out all that I have to share. For once I have to admit I am short on pictures. In hindsight between the rain and the sheer amount of walking we did my point and shoot camera may have been a better choice of camera although I was hoping for more practice in shooting the Nikon.

So look forward to these future posts... the whole reason we even took this trip was to sign a new school yearbook account. We went to sign a contract and left with melted hearts and more. And the walk down memory lane when we visited Wrigley Field for the second time. Its the first time we went that is a BIG story. Can't wait to share about the newly discovered artist that we were so inspired by... his work is a real hoot while really having a great message as well! And lastly, my little slice of Oprah... nope didn't see or meet her, but we did go to Harpo, you know, just because. Stay tuned... And by the way, I missed you all! The joy of coming home was to see my kids, my dog, our family, and then to get caught up on everything in your world! I am finding I am attached to my blog friends and somehow coming home includes coming back to all of you!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safely! I even had baby Brady at skating today, but I only saw Rick!
    Can't wait to see pics, and boy am I envious of that Chicago high from Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so thinking of you Bonnie, you would have loved it. Everyone seemed to be talking about Grant Park and the huge celebration that followed.

    Rick and I are tag teaming today. He offered to do hockey and now he is getting the first nap... can't wait for mine! But I am sorry I missed Brady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back safely! I missed your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet Heather, now I have to go check out yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man... driving in bad weather is intense; so glad you're home safe and sound! And glad that it sounds like some juicy posts ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you had a good trip and made it safely there and back with this sudden taste of winter weather that sprung up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I wanted to go to the last post I'd seen to get the whole picture. Girl, if you and your husband had a hard time driving in the snow storm no doubt I would have had to find a hotel and wait for spring! I can't even drive in the rain and to be honest driving at night is risky!
    I'm so glad you guys got home safe~

    ReplyDelete
  8. We felt so blessed to be given the chance to arrive home safely. Every car in the ditch was a reminder of how lucky we were! Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape