Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guess who came back for a few days?



With a big girl haircut and all of the swagger her newly 1 year old self can muster, L came back to my house, powered by her own two feet.  No more baby carrier, she is more toddler-like and a dynamo when it comes to walking.  But one look at that big smile and crinkled nose and I remembered exactly who she was.

Big sister E walked in and as soon as she asked for squares for breakfast I knew she remembered.  Without hesitation she dove into our routine and reminded me she is smarter than her three years predict she should be.  She was downright giddy when we negotiated how many books we'd read before nap time.  Even though she was a bit subdued overall by the sniffles, she settled in on the couch and instantly requested Caillou.

My own two boys have also gone back to a truce for their now daily squabbles, and instead are thrilled every time L does something new, or E asks them to play with her.  Without hardly skipping a beat, the girls are back and I can think of no other thing I'd rather do than be with them these next couple of weeks.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



14 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky

    you just love those girls don't you...
    and I am sure they love you too, and coming to your place is a fun time for them...

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so happy to be back in your company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that smile! She does not seem traumatized in the least to be with you instead of her mother.
    Lucky little girls - and boys! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is so sweet!

    Can't you convince their mom to let them come all the time so you can soak up their sweetness and we can enjoy their pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those girls are so lucky to have someone watch them who cares about them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful for all of you ... such beautiful smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it's nice to have some girls once in a while. Those are some pretty cute smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that little stinker grew so much!!!! I love seeing you in this element...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! How do you keep from smothering them with kisses! And those cheeks...
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now aren't they just so cute! Love to see the innocence on their faces. Enjoy your time with the little angels :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky if that little one doesn't resemble Colton! Wow you would think they were siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They looks so grown up in such a short time! I bet you were all happy to be back together again, even if for a short time. How long do you get to keep them this time?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! All those smiles to brighten your day :) Love the pictures! They made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape