Friday, October 24, 2008

Things that make you smile.

Rick called this morning with a HUGE surprise. He didn't make it to see the new school in Chicago that wants him to publish their yearbook, but he promised he would return to see them in a couple of weeks. So he called his parents and asked if they would stay with the boys when he goes back... and they said YES!!! I am not sure what I have done to deserve this little excursion, but I'll take it. Growing up we rarely went anywhere. Going to New Salem, North Dakota was like going to the end of the world... my mother made such a HUGE deal of the distance and the time we spent in the car that I both loathed it and secretly loved going at the same time. And now I have more than made up for it with the places I have been and realize that in the grand scheme of things the other side of North Dakota isn't so far, really. Switzerland is far, New Salem not so much.

So the fact that we can jump in the car and be in Chicago in about 10 hours time is really nothing for me. Now its only a 3 day trip so a lot of those 3 days will be spent in the car. But we will still get at least a day and a half to do a couple of things at least. I have always wanted travel to be a part of my life and I am so grateful that I get that opportunity. And the best part is that in order for me to even feel remotely like I can leave the boys I have to be able to trust whomever we leave them with. And I have that too. You couldn't order a more perfect couple of people to step in and take over and even though its never easy on them as the boys sure like to put them through their paces, my in-laws graciously and willingly agree to help. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape