Monday, November 10, 2014

One more day...




Winter is on it's way, I feel it in the crisp frozen morning's, in the hour change and darkness coming so much earlier now.  I see it on the bare trees and a yard full of leaves. I hear it, as the heater comes on. I know it because I am wearing sweaters and boots.

It's that cozy time of year... when all you want to do is snuggle with the ones you love. The holidays are approaching, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's that joyful, peaceful, time of year, when there is more love, more giving. I may be 50, but I see this time of year always through the lens of my children and grandchildren. It's seems to me everything is a little brighter through the Holidays. And there seems to be more 'Hope' in everything we do.

Like many of you, I literally stumbled across Vicky's blog. It was late January, I was in a 5th wheel trailer by the ocean in Sitka, Alaska.  I remember the first post I read. I had tears streaming down my cheeks...but I also had such a peaceful feeling...filled with hope and tranquility. I found myself checking back and reading... Vicky held nothing back. She writes for herself, never dreaming how many of us would 'tune' in. As she battles, and does everything she can, to keep this cancer at bay...trying to stop it dead in it's tracks. She shares her fears, her hopes, her dreams...But more so she shares, how she gets through... In all she shares, we can then relate it to things in our own lives. Vicky became my 'warm cup of hot chocolate with a dapple of sweet whipping cream.' 

Linda and I chose to do this Fundraiser for Vicky, not just because there is a need. Because we grew to respect and love this beautiful woman, who is Grace under fire. She has given so much back to us, with her words. Always reaching beyond circumstances to a higher place. Knowing she is cradled in the arms of a divine being that loves her beyond measure.

I know Vicky herself had no clue the beauty this cancer journey would bring.  But she knows it, sees it, feels it and knows there has been much beauty, and grace, and giving, and love poured all around her. I know she has no words for how this truly touches her heart and soul and touches her whole family....  This is something cancer could not beat or win over. This is God's love, and Grace in adversity...shinning through all that know and love her.

We have truly been humbled by all who have donated to this fundraiser. I had no clue how this would turn out. Yes, we aimed high. You will notice if you go to the fundraiser page. That I only contributed $10.  My budget is such, that $10 was the best I could do. But each of you who contributed 'The best you could do' is the priceless gift that blesses us and humbles us beyond any words. 

In my life, the scripture below has always worked. I have given the last in my pocket to someone whose need is more so then mine. For I know when I do, it comes back to me ten-fold. it has never failed and is the most beautiful concept and gift in my life. 


Mark 12:41-44

The Widow's Offering

41 And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. 42 And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny.[a] 43 And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. 44 For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”  



The fundraiser is coming to a close in a few days. Won't you share the link below and give this one final big push? Share through e-mail, FB,  Twitter or post about Vicky on your own blog.  In doing so you allow other's the opportunity and blessing's that come from giving. And in my life those blessing's have been greater then anything I can truly put into words. To be honest in the end it is  'a gift to myself'.

Many who have donated have not taken part in our 'Thank you' gifts. Know that these gifts were created for only one purpose. To truly allow you to know how very thankful we truly are!

May your Holidays be blessed and I hope to meet you all back here on Vicky's blog. She is truly my 'Hot chocolate with a dapple of sweet whipping cream.'

"Not all of us can do great thing's but we can do small things with great love"

~Mother Teresa~

Please go here to vickyfightingbreastcancer.blogspot for all the details.

Thanks to all who have contributed to so far!


   

2 comments:

  1. I have to say..I keep getting e-mail alerts as so many are donating and it got me teary eyed...you are loved for the gift you are to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled for the money raised and to see the beautiful gifts distributed. The beautiful hearts that started this effort are represented in every single gift. Thank you for doing this for Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape