Monday, August 5, 2013

sneak-peek-surprise


I'm a teary-eyed, shivering, emotional and deeply humbled woman...  


At long last... a sneak peek of what is to come... 

We were so honored to be asked to be the feature story in this month's 

on the minds of moms!!

With photos taken by our uber-amazing friend, Ria, of rialee photography... pure gift all by itself...

a link to subscribe to the digital copy of our feature story is here and the magazine should be out in stores, locally, in the next few days!  Stay tuned... all the details to follow soon... 









So where did we go this past weekend? 



We had planned this trip last summer, last August.  But when we tried to remember why we didn't go last summer?  We were slammed with the grief that had descended like a boom on our lives, the day Carole, Rick's mom and Jim's wife, passed away last August 6th. 

So Jim asked if we wanted to go this August.  We all decided to bring our nephew Gunnar, who has never been to a Twins game and Grandpa treated us all to a wonderful weekend in the Cities.  Jim has been beyond generous with seizing the moments and treating us to memory making adventures that will carry us on into the future. We couldn't do half of what we have done without him and the boys have such a great role-model in him.  So grateful. 

The night was perfect!  The Twins had been on a losing streak and we weren't certain what kind of a game to expect.

But it was a great game!  It blew past 9 innings and went on late into the night till finally in the 13th inning, the Twins scored the winning run!  The Twins would go on to sweep the series against the Houston Astros.  
















more of our adventures to come soon...




21 comments:

  1. LOVE that cover photo!! Can't wait to read the article. Great pics from the game. Looks like a good time had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katie- I adore Ria's work - her photo's of my family are some of my favorites of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Beautiful cover photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! And I can't wait to see more pics. Your boys look so much more grown up than the last set of pics . . . which may not be what you want to hear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh- its good I think- the passage of time- sometimes it keeps me hopeful for more, you know?

      Delete
  5. How exciting!!!!! The COVER of the magazine!!! You look BEAUTIFUL and the boys are darling. Looking forward to reading it. :D

    Glad you got to see such an exciting game. WOW. 13 innings!!! I bet you were exhausted but what a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robynn~ I will link to it as soon as it is out~ we're anxiously awaiting. How is our Hannah doing? Thinking of her and of you.

      Delete
  6. The pictures you take for your blog are outstanding. They are clear, colorful, and fine tuned(don't know if this is a good description). Yes, your boys are becoming young men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francis- that is a lovely description- thank you! I enjoy taking photos immensely :)

      Delete
  7. Look at you!!
    Cover girl!!!
    Yea!!!!
    I couldn't be happier, Vicky.
    And...the photos of the game are super terrific.
    Happiness envelopes me this evening...for you and your family.
    Love you,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie~ why thank you~ I love how you always cheer us on! Love you too friend!

      Delete
  8. Great photos especially the three boys! You probably thought I was going to say the cover photo. Well, that one belongs to a whole different comment. :)

    I read all your entries and rarely post because I am reading on my phone and its challenging to type on. Your work is close to sacred and it makes me feel awed by you. Not awed by your story so much as awed by your transparency and vulnerability. Therefore, I conclude you deserve a well written response which is hard for me to create as I hunt and peck through on my phone.

    You are always on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful way to wake up this morning and see you here! I have to totally agree with you- reading from my phone is difficult and I struggle with typing from it as well- you are in good company!

      I don't even know what to say to your kind words so filled with praise- I pray that I am vessel for His way- His words to shine through me and transparency is the only way for that. As much as responses are appreciated- just the fact that you show up and read speaks volumes to me Arie!! Thank you for your gracious words :)

      Delete
  9. Gosh Vicky, the boys are changing before our eyes.
    You are doing such a good job with them.
    Congrats on the cover page of the magazine.
    What nice memories this will make.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vic- wait til you see some more of the photos- yes, we've gotten so much out of the whole experience already- truly honored and blessed.

      Delete
  10. Thanks Robin~ I will post more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful, Vicky!!! The cover photo is perfect. You look so pretty and the boys are growing into nice looking young men! I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy a nice getaway in the city. As I said on Facebook, I was watching that game and if I'd known you were there, I would of been looking closely at the fans!

    Hugs always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so fun - both things you mention! And you probaby know how much I love baseball - so exciting to be at a game live - the crack of the bat, the cheers, the hot dogs! So fun! Can't wait to see and hear more!

    Hugs and prayers - love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect evening for you and your 'boys' ( Not to mention you starring in the magazine !) I hope this day carries you far with JOY !!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape