Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Rockefeller Center and the tree


You can only imagine my sheer delight and pure wonder to see the header of my blog change to this very tree, last week.  The wonder of it all?  I didn't change the header myself. It wasn't my picture.  Nobody knew I was standing by that tree.  When Karen designed the beautiful header, she had no idea it was at the same time I was actually standing in Rockefeller Center next to the tree!  

Jenna, who is to the left, and Chery, who is to the right, in the photo, are the two amazing women who work for Sanford Health, and were my travel companions. I feel so lucky to have been asked to go along on this incredible trip. 

I have oodles of photos to share.  We saw so much- and we learned, we ate, we walked, and laughed and laughed some more, and ate again, and barely slept.  

But today, I'm plunging back into cancer world at Roger Maris.  I'll see Dr. Panwalkar, and then I am anticipating infusion.  I have a full night of hockey as well, as long as I feel well enough to go. 

But I'll be back soon with stories and photos and joy to share in good measure! 

Just wait until you hear about how we got to the tree! 



9 comments:

  1. Oh my dear sweet soul sis!
    When I saw that beautiful photograph of New York on the new header for your blog...well, it just took my breath away. I imagined you there taking in all of the splendor and beauty. I looked at the picture almost every day you were gone and sent prays for FUN and HEALING and HOPE and JOY in your direction.

    And what a miracle...you were there. Right there in that same place. Of course God would work that way. It makes me smile and laugh to know how His miracles follow us no matter where we are...in Minnesota or the Big Apple!

    I can hardly wait to see your photographs and hear about your amazing trip. Just seeing you in that photo with a beaming, gorgeous smile is the best Christmas present ever!

    As you start back at Roger Maris and have infusion today, know that I am praying
    24/7 for God's healing powers to eradicate those pesky cancer cells from your body.
    I am holding up our amazing Dr. P as he guides you in this journey.

    Love you Vicky Held Westra, to the moon and back!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!! Can't wait to read all about it.

    Joy to you, dear Vicky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story in itself is so AWESOME! Of my heavens. And it's so beautiful. They both are. The header and the photo of you and your travel companions. I am so happy for you sweet Vicky that you got this experience and that it went so well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the heads up of what today holds. it will be my joy to pray for you today, especially for that time with Dr. P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That header is full of love and wonder, as are YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time I have ever seen this tree is on television.
    To behold its splendor in person must be magnificent!
    Wishing you and those you love a very Merry Christmas.
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful to hear your enthusiasm and joy and to know you had some great fun, UNDOUBTEDLY touched lives, and now we have stories to look forward to.

    Hope infusion went okay and the side effects are bearable. Rest and retreat now. You deserve a rest! Write when you feel like you're ready and able. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, the tree, the tree!! And how it all worked with your header!
    xoxoxoxoxo--a miracle!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape