Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The last day of school...



This is it! The last day of school. Do you remember when you looked forward to summer vacation as a kid? As I entered Nolan's school today you could sense the different vibe instantly. Instead of the hushed voices and single-file lines of kids walking (mostly) quietly behind their teachers... I saw skipping, groups of two and three kids shouting to each other, and teachers congregating in little groups in the hall. There air was buzzed with excitement.
And then I noticed a dejected little group off to the side. Some had hunched shoulders, others had sullen looks and one just had the look of dread on her face. Stay-at-home-moms. Then I overheard one of them "Do you know what Jake said to me this morning? 106 mom. We have 106 days off of school!" Gone is my morning walk and leisurely coffee. And lunch with my girlfriends. And any semblance of a tidy house. The "mourning season" has begun.

Walking out the door I realized the countdown was indeed on. As a parent my countdown was also 106 days... til the start of school in the fall... yipeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape