Friday, May 27, 2011

"...blooming recklessly..."





Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke


















Did you know May is Pampered Chef's Help Whip Cancer month?  So my wonderful neighbor, who is a Pampered Chef consultant, had an open house with a portion of the proceeds going to me!  Would you just look at the amazing spread of food she had!  Everything had a pink theme and was so tasty and delicious.  We had a fun gathering of gals.  I felt rotten on Wednesday for most of the day and was curious about whether or not I could attend.  But there I was, from chemo to a party in just 48 hours... I continue to feel so blessed.  And while I was enjoying myself at the party, another hot and delicious meal had been delivered to our door for the boys to eat. Thank you to the Spaeth family! 


Brenda, with her oldest son Luke.  Thanks Brenda for the fun-filled night!


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful Spring photos Vicky!

    It must be challenging trying to balance your physical and emotional limits with your desire to acknowledge and recognize all the love and kindness being sent your way. Hope you find the balance that errs on the side of your well-being and recovery.

    Warm thoughts and a gentle hug being sent your way. (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of spring and blossoms and hope! Wonderful.

    Sending love and prayers to you. Be good to yourself, Wonderful Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blooming is just beginning here ... those desserts look scrumptious.

    Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for you Vicky. What a difference it makes when you are surrounded by nothing short of love.
    It makes you feel better, gets those endorphins working again which will stimulate your spirit to fight to get better.
    I also love the three tiered dessert dish.:)
    I am glad you are eating because this is important to keep your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote, the flowers, the love...all beauty here surrounding you my friend! The dessert looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos Vicky, it is nice there are so many people surrounding you with so much love. sending you prayers your way. I love your picture of you above popular posts. smiles to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blooming trees....wow!

    You sure have some great friends Vicky. Everyone is pulling for you, how wonderful.

    Hope you have a restful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shots look a lot like some of the spring photos I've taken in the past. Don't you just love capturing beautiful things on "film?" Thanks Vicky!

    And my oh my, how delicious! You are so blessed! I'm so glad you have such wonderful support.

    Love the idea of blooming recklessly. What a great way to phrase it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart sweet Vicky....I am always amazed at what you manage to do!!! Good for you :) You are in my thoughts and prayers often...especially last weekend when I was in Minnesota for my sons graduation. Hoping your weekend is wonderful...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos Vicky! My crab apple tree is blooming and I hope the wind doesn't blow them away before it is in full bloom.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those photos took my breath away...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape