Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Glimpse of Halloween '09

The snow melted, the sun came out, and the moon rose up almost full,

a perfect Halloween was in the making, as I went to fill the treat bowl.


As the kitchen filled up with smells of spices and treats,

Mommy made "Pumpkin Gooey Cake," for later to eat.


Daddy put on costumes, but nothing too goofy, a Jester and a Clone Trooper

as the streets filled with all things spooky.


With cold fingers and toes the kids made the neighborhood rounds,

with giggles and shouts and energy in abounds.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





As the moon lit our path we drove North and into the trees, steadying for the biggest treat of our Halloween Eve.



Photobucket

Over the gravel and around the bend, we soon delighted in the decorating of Amy, my "all things fun" friend.


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket

(Nicki, Heather, Shawn, Amy (our fab hostess), Vicky ( the scariest dressed of all... a middle aged housewife!)

With "most" every one decked out in their wicked best, who would win the prize for the best dressed?


Photobucket


With midnight looming and young boys yawning, we departed for home with a new day dawning.

********************************************

And I fortunately woke up with not a rhyme in my bones, but thanks for suffering through.

Our sincere thanks to The Fullmer's for the festive and fun-filled evening!!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like parents and children had a very happy Hallowe'en!! And you did capture that almost full moon. Lovely post, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so much fun!!! [I liked the rhymes] :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, thanks :) Always so good to have you here!

    Gitz, by the time I figured out I had started rhyming, I was half way through and then my sluggish brain just wouldn't stop. Hard not to be fun with such fun people to hang out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had a fun time. Hey, no snow!!!!

    If you want any info on "trunk or treat" events just google it. My daughter's church also does a similar event in Duluth, MN (minus the cars)called harvest party. I'm glad churches do alternative halloween parties for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the deletion, Vicky. (Leave it to me to come in here and 'goof' up your comment section with a "Deleted Comment"....sigh...but I had tooo many typos in that one to leave it. Soooo, I'll try again. :))) )

    Great blog!!...and you are a terrific middle aged housewife...(you look younger than middle aged my friend!)
    I think that it's neat that we looked at that same moon last night....all the way down here in the South....we gazed at that same beautiful moon. (It was exceptionally pretty last night.)
    Life is good.
    It looks like all of you had the best time. Love the smiles. It's what the world needs more of. (Pardon the preposition at the end of that sentence...some sentences just SHOULD end with them!)
    Hugs and smiles to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous time! I've always wanted to do a Halloween costume party where the adults had to come dressed up too.
    Great costume by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks to me like a fun time was had by all! Great costumes! The boys look adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds and looks like the perfect Halloween! I would expect nothing less!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh your costume was very scary....and somehow looked just like mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that you did a fabulous job of rhyming :D I know I couldn't do it :)

    And the Halloween party looked like so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The costumes were GREAT,
    The poem was so fun!
    The women are GORGEOUS and skinny,
    I'm jealous and undone!

    Glad you had such a great time. How could you help it?! GREAT party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is some cool Halloween celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute post! We are getting ready to build a house and I'm hoping I'll be able to throw my own party next year. They're always so much fun, seeing everybody dressed up in there costumes.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape