Monday, November 15, 2010

Where to find me the next 5 months...

In case you'd like to find me over the next 5 months I thought I'd give you a hint.  It starts with the letter "H" and indeed involves two hockey sticks...  but based on how cold it is?  Yeah, its so not h*ll. But it is our winter home away from home... the hockey arena. And with both boys playing at different levels? You know the rink is where to find me every day of the week, except Wednesday, when you will instead find me at church.




Photobucket




Our 7th hockey season is in full swing. We capped off 3 weeks of clinics and tryouts with a jamboree this weekend. My stomach remained in knots, flip-flopping from the will he? to the won't he make it? We breathed a sigh of relief late last night. He will. He made the Squirt A's which is what Nolan longed for and worked very hard for. It was his father's birthday yesterday, and Nolan said "Dad, is that a pretty good birthday present?" His dad, said, "yes, but the best part of the whole weekend? Was watching you work so hard and give your best effort, regardless of the outcome, that was the best present." My stomach that had been churning, calmed, as my heart now lodged in my throat.  I could only nod in agreement.

15 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy and healthy hockey season for you and the whole gang!! Your husband's response to Nolan was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool...and you all have a great hockey season of wins wins wins! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hockey Season!...and..

    brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to Nolan! and of course belated happy birthday to Mr. Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the hockey season if full of fun, laughter and rewards for working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet conversation! I hope they have Winning Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time passes so quickly! It seems that you were just talking about hockey playoffs, Vicky! Hope they have a great season again! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your family is a gift to each other ... blessings of strength for the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I love that the best part was watching you work so hard and give your best effort!

    I have overhead so many parents lately who are praising only the accomplishment, not the effort. That makes me so sad - your family and your writing make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky !!!
    My Best and Warm wishes for the upcoming exciting and chilling hockey season out there.We have ground hockey as our national game but don't have this sport in India. But I like ice hockey because of the endurance and the stamina associated with it and the polar climate in which it is played.
    Birthday greetings to Mr.Vicky from India.

    Have a nice, joyful,enjoying and successful season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hockey rink is what the track field was to us with my girls. The trials and tribulations. Success and defeat. Competition. Long long days, rainy, cold in the fall, meets that went on for days.
    The best time of my fatherhood.
    Without a doubt. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to go to my 3 son's baseball, soccer and basketball games, and while rooting for the boys was pretty intense, nothing could top the anxiety produced by some over-the-top parents. I really thought a few of them would stroke out they were so hyper.

    Your family has the right approach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh why did that make my eyes well up with tears? What your husband said was the best! I wish there were more parents like you both. In life, the effort we put in is way more important than the outcome sometimes. But, its great when the hard work pays off so I hope you all celebrated Nolan's success. Great work Nolan (and Mom and Dad for all the help)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and is it just my imagination but those hockey sticks look huge...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape