Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making the list...

Do you remember the girls, E and L, who came to my house for daycare last fall?  They came to spend the day with us today.  Can you believe how big they are now?  It took 2.6 seconds for me to tap back into their giggles, warmth and girly fun.  How I have missed them.



Miss E just turned 4, and yes, that is lip gloss on her lips.  While her mom was on the phone this morning,  she applied the lip gloss a bit "liberally" to most of her face.  I cracked up remembering all of those busy days when a turned back resulted in all kinds of shenanigans with little ones. 


Photobucket

Miss L, who was just 8 month old when she first came, is now a full fledged toddler, and part time ham.

Photobucket

She walked right in and plunked herself down on my lap to get her coat and boots off.  But lickety-split she was off and running when she saw the toys beckoning to her from the other room.

Photobucket
 
I was told my pb and j sandwiches are the best she has ever had, shhh, don't tell her they are from Smuckers and come in a box...  

Photobucket

Ham 1 and Ham 2

Photobucket

My favorite part is seeing what an amazing big brother my baby boy would be. Gets me every time.

Photobucket

But some things haven't changed at all.  With all the dancing, riding on Colton's back, running and playing, she was tuckered out by 12:00.

Photobucket

All too quickly it was time for them to go.  They were here just long enough to fill that girl sized space in my heart.  As they got ready to leave, their mom shared with me that I made the list of things E was grateful for... it started with Grandpa's and Grandma's and ended with me.  I made the list! 

And this is where my gratitude lies this Thanksgiving.  These little things... like two little girls.  A whirlwind day filled with girly goodness.  And making her list.  

Whose on your list this Thanksgiving?

11 comments:

  1. These little gals are so cute and they look just like they could be sisters to your son! I guess everyone is on my list...I just feel so full of love! Happy Thanksgiving! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Those are adorable girls and fun pictures. I'm happy that we'll have some good laughs tomorrow as a family. We've had so much stress lately. I'm looking forward to a day without worrying about job hunting. Happy Thanksgiving Vicky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos --- I LOVE when my nieces are at your house -- THEN I get to see photos!!! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Nice to have boys who can help babysit.
    Makes them feel older too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your new look!... and I just love that age, I miss it so!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from This Old House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The happiness is evident ... and my list grows longer each day.

    Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so sweet Vicky. The little girls sure look pretty.

    I am thankful for my family....especially my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just so cute!
    Your son would make an awesome big brother!!!
    Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..too many people to name.

    Your blessed to have some little girls to fill your girls sized hole. With two teenage boys, there I days I hanker for little girl things, although I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They are too dear for words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky, I had quite a girl day yesterday with my 10- and 13-year-old. Together, we attempted what was my first-ever turkey (in 42 years), and I could not have done it without them. They were troopers! I enjoyed them as little girls but I got a taste of the payoff for all those really intense years yesterday. I feel like we pulled off something huge together and it was a great feeling. Just think, someday you will have daughters-in-law and maybe granddaughters. You'll get your girls in time, I'm sure of it. :) And how fun to see the nurturing in your youngest. :) Hope you had a meaningful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, this is so sweet! Gorgeous little girls.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape