Monday, February 4, 2013

Insta- weekend



Our weekend got off to a wee bit of a teeth-clenching, white knuckle driving, car-sliding start.  Uff da!  The snow had started to blow by the time we left town on Friday and visibility was reduced because of it.  Plus the roads became slippery and combined with the cold and the wind and the snow- hazardous sums it up well.  We counted... 15... no exaggeration... 15 cars that either slid off the road into the ditch or were in an accident with another car.  We thankfully only saw one ambulance.  But there was a trail of some severely wrecked cars!  

We took it slow and it made for a long and tedious drive, but we made it to the cities fine.  


And here is where I'd love to tell you what an awesome weekend of hockey we had... but we didn't really fare very well at all.  I think its safe to say we had a lot of fun, and memories were made- just maybe not on the ice-unless you want to talk about how cold it was.  I've been to some cold rinks- including our own North rink.  But that rink was the coldest I've ever experienced and none of us will soon forget.

We decided to stock up on some groceries instead of eating out and loved finding this Trader Joe's.  I have always wanted to go and could have been lost in there for hours.  Loved the organic and natural food choices! Colton was even adventurous and ate an apple-pear.  He loved it and now we will try to find them here.




I had hoped for more photos, but it was literally too cold for me to want to try.  Gigi even had to put on her parka and bundled up in an extra blanket to go inside the rink to watch.  Did you notice Gigi's orange/pink nails and hockey stick collar?  She may have been our biggest (um, littlest?) fan! 



Infusion tomorrow- and hopefully news of a treatment plan for my arm.  



13 comments:

  1. oooh, Gigi is too adorable!... and best of luck to you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- I've always thought I could do a little dog- maybe not quite that little- but smallish and cute like that!

      Delete
  2. I've never eaten an apple pear...but its name sounds delish!
    Your Gigi probably stole the show. Suhweet, she is!
    Praying for you for tomorrow, my friend.
    Sending love and hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple pear does look good- Colton sure liked it. Gigi was a great source of entertainment for us all- I have no clear idea how her and her owner are related to our team, but there is a connection somehow! Love and hugs to you Jackie

      Delete
  3. Vicky, glad I read this before bed so I could pray for your infusion. Wait. Who is Gigi? I have missed something big. Oh my. I''m going to have to go back and read now. Hugs, my friend. Love. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- no- you didn't miss a thing- Gigi was a random sort of thing although she was a huge fan of our boys :) Thanks for the prayers- I 've been saying them for you too!

      Delete
  4. Your Gigi is very sporty and cute.

    I was thrilled when Salt Lake City got its first Trader Joe's a couple of months ago.

    Thinking positive thoughts for your infusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take no credit for Gigi- she belonged to one of our fans- but I think she could smell Crosby on me and loved checking me out for that reason alone! Have you gone to the Trader Joe's yet? I am hoping Fargo gets one soon! So good to see you here Kass!

      Delete
  5. Gigi must have been the warmest out there lol
    But they do get cold quickly. My dog would shiver a mile a minute and she has long hair. Terrible when you have to drive in bad weather because you have to be somewhere ON TIME. Then you get there and find out that due to bad weather everything was cancelled lol
    Lucky for you, it wasn't after all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigi-shivered the entire time- but so did the rest of us!

      Delete
  6. I grew up in the north and experienced many of those teeth-gritting drives, but I am not a fan these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky - Yes, I wander around in Trader Joe's regularly. Just discovered their wonderful, inexpensive greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of an apple-pear! But, since I like both of those fruits, I would definitely like to try one. You made me feel cold just talking about how cold the rink was! Brr! Gigi is one cute little dog! She sure had the right idea with her parka! Glad to hear you had safe travels.:)

    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape