Tuesday, December 18, 2012

When you disappear...

I didn't mean to disappear from blog land- not at first. How exactly did a whole week go by since I last posted?  It could have a little to do with this lovable twerp.  His team got asked to fill in for another  team at our home squirt hockey tournament.  So late Thursday night we were scrambling for a dress shirt and tie to wear to school the next day.  He was so pumped to be playing.  While it meant we played in town all weekend, we ended up with 7 travel games to attend.  Plus...



my blogging disappearance could have something to do with the other major Friday event.   We dismantled my computer desk, and moved out the table and chairs... and through the hard work of two busy installers... we went from this...



to THIS!  



Do you know this is my very first new floor?  How lucky are we to have relatives who own a flooring store named Fargo Linoleum.  Between two boys and two different dogs, and lots of knee hockey, our floors have taken a beating.  And Rob, my cousin, helped us out in a way that is hard to repay.  And when he says "this is just how its going to be and don't try to argue with me..." Umm, well we are humbled and grateful and again reminded of the abundance that flows every day.  

We needed durable, cost effective, floors that could withstand a lot of traffic, but required little in the way of maintenance.  

So it looks like wood, doesn't it?  Or laminate maybe?  But no- its vinyl planks from a company named Karndean that literally were glued down over our existing floors.  I can't even begin to tell you how the flooring transformed our kitchen!  Seriously worth considering if you need a durable and budget friendly flooring.  I know just where to send you to find it too!

Merry Christmas to me (grins)...

Bigger projects are in the works which we will reveal at a later date and all of this will make sense considering some big changes coming our way.  


So how did Colton do in his tournament?  He played goalie in the first game and they won 5-3.  Colton watched as they lost the second game (to the eventual winners) and then played a really close third game.  Colton was in net and managed to make two big saves at the end and they won 7-6.  They played for third place the next day and lost at the end of the game 3-2.  

We were so proud of our boys. 

It was no wonder it was well into Friday evening before we heard about the tragic shooting in Connecticut.

By Monday my computer was back up and running... I had thoughts of blogging... but... just what do you say?  

Words just seemed to take a back seat to sadness and mourning over the loss of innocence, and just the senseless nature of the tragedy.   

Thank you to everyone who came in search of me wondering if I was okay- I am feeling well and taking advantage of the energy to accomplish some Christmas-y things.  









32 comments:

  1. Vicky this is crazy but I might sort of know your relative! I teach with a friend who lives in Highland Park north of fargo. I could swear he is their next door neighbor. Years ago he talked to me about that very brand of floor! If we could afford it we would get it. I get the floor taking a beating (and walls, etc).
    So cool that you got that. Hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie- I bet you do know the Bye family- but they are Moorhead dwellers and always have been. They don't live far from me :) I am sure you have had their boys in class at some point :) Not sure how much I will travel this weekend, but perhaps I will see you!

      Delete
  2. So good to see you here again. A terrific floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan- how good to hear from you- I will be dropping by shortly :)

      Delete
  3. love love love this new floor. wow, what a difference and now there's going to be more changes? oh i can't wait to see what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girlie- yes more changes- some exciting and some a challenge that we are working through- but we are hopeful it will all achieve the end goal we are working towards :)

      Delete
  4. Love the floor! Makes the room look so warm:)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin- so good to see you here! I wish you and yours a joy-filled holiday season!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a wood floor!
    It's beautiful...and I'm so proud for you.
    I'm proud of your boys, too.
    Love you, my friend.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jackie- what sweet and kind words always. Sending love and Christmas blessings your way!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for checking in with all of us! Love the floor! AND so happy to hear about you being able to enjoy your son's activities. Spending time with my kids (even though they are 25, 23, and 17) is a highlight any day. Prayers continue--love, k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kim- its always so good to see you here! Thinking of you and wishing you a joyous holiday season!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe a year has passed already, seems like not long ago I'm reading your blog about your hockey games and travel. Crazy.
    And hey, the flooring looks great.
    I wish you and your family the very best Holiday Season, just in case I don't get to say that before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mark- another hockey season is upon us already :) So great to see you here- and I read often but haven't been a great commenter lately- definitely coming to visit your blog soon!

      I wish you and yours a joyous holiday season!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on this gorgeous floor, Vicky. Such a relief to read you again, you got so busy no wonder you did not post...Hugs and prayers sent your way on our first flurries of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyes- I feel badly that people worried about me- I will do a better job of checking in or announcing I will be away for a bit. Thank you for checking in with me- I am coming to visit soon! I miss all of you :)

      Delete
  9. What a cute picture that is, such a sweetheart. I love that floor and yes I thought it was wood. It looks very classy indeed. And it is great when you have relatives in the right places and they would have loved doing this to.

    You hav been busy living life - the boys sport and activities are very important. Blogging can wait. It is a very busy time of year and its all about the family and doing things together. Just take loads of pictures so we dont miss out, lol.

    I sincerely hope you have a wonderful, fun and loving Christmas all together and slide over that floor for me with your socks on. I love new floors (yes I am sad, lol). Hugs and prayers to you and yours and keep on keeping on.

    And yes I cannot wait to hear about the big projects coming your way. So much to look forward to xx Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jewelry came!! I may have to use some cell phone pics to share photos, but I plan to do so soon! They were just beautiful and I was so excited to wear them already!

      Thank you for your support and encouragement always Lilly- i delight in reading your comments as they make me feel like I am talking with you :) Hugs friend! xxoo

      Delete
  10. The new floor is breathtaking! And you can count me as one of those starting to get worried after a long absence. Glad to know you are well and enjoying some extra energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa- I really thought it would look nice- but it far exceeded my expectations. Yes- after people started coming to my door I realized I needed to get the word out that all is good :) It surprised me in a good way to discover how closely people follow the journey-

      Hope you are well~

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the update Vicky, and especially, the photo of the floor. As you know, we're hoping to do something similar in the coming year. I'm going to send this to my husband so he can see what's possible! Hugs dear friend and I will be thinking of you during this Christmas season until the new year, when I hope we can grab another coffee together. XXOO-Roxane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much more possibilities than I could have imagined- definitely worth exploring! We will definitely have to catch up again come the new year! Blessings to you and yours~

      Delete
  12. Oh Vicky - so glad you had a good week and that all is well!! Changes around the house are wonderful - I anxiously await your news!!

    I thought about you off and on through church on Sunday - our Paster talked about letting our light shine - showing the world who we are; letting peopel see there is goodness in the world. And well, I know you do that - your light shines bright and you always show us who you are! Love that - still so thankful we have connected!!

    Love to you!
    xoxoTiffany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicky, your week sounds so busy, your floor is absolutely awesome. It looks fabulous. The feeling of sadness and what to say is all too understood. I read a blogpost today about making sure that we just showup every day with as much goodness as we can, that is how I feel about you Vicky, you exude goodness. I am wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cinner- what a high compliment from you- thank you. I am hopeful that we will all try harder with more intention behind our actions- I couldn't agree more :) I wish you and yours a joyous holiday season!!

      Delete
  14. Absolutely love the flooring, wow, just beautiful! What a difference.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I wish you a joyous holiday season to you and yours!!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Thanks for the update. Really LOVE the new flooring....wow, what a difference. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I love the floor, Vicky! If I was to change my kitchen flooring, that is exactly what I would get. And, welcome back! I am so glad to hear that you are doing okay!!!

    Hugs! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new floor. Glad to hear you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful floor! I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to be doing some Christmas things. Love to you this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape