Monday, October 8, 2012

drive...

“Lets keep the car in drive and leave it all behind” 



Take one blue Toyota Prius, a mom and a dad, minus their children and a dog, pack the car with a few clothes, a lot of camera gear and some snacks.  Add in 3 state lines, two mountain passes, and 11 hundred miles each way, and what do you have?


A get-away?  An adventure?  A sore back?! Date- week instead of date-night?  

By the time you see this we'll be well on our way.  My heart splits in half- longing to go- longing to not leave my kids.  

~All shall be well~


I just know I'll be living my moments full this week and will be blogging from the road.



Look what showed up on my doorstep Friday?  Sweet Julie from Bell State Bank and the Pay it Forward contest, sent these to me as a thank you for sharing my story the day before.  Its really ME who feels like I have a debt of gratitude to express, and I am overcome and undone when people touch me with their thoughtfulness.  

They're stunning flowers and have saturated the house with warmth and fragrance.  They absolutely glow with the ambient light streaming through the window.  Thank you Julie.




Not more than a few minutes later my second surprise of the day arrived at my front door.  Roxane sent me a copy of this book to read on my trip.  I will let you know my thoughts on it at a later time.  Thank you Roxane- so excited to read this as I already have so much context for Saint Therese of Lisieux.



Thursday this is what showed up in my mailbox. Our sweet friend Carrie sent this to us from Denver.  She got this at Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, CO.  Rick and I had spent a week camping in the mountains and visiting the park, and I love having that reminder of our time spent there.  

Aren't these great quotes?  Thank you Carrie~ I was very touched by your thoughtfulness!  


This little stinker- has utterly stolen my heart.  Not to mention my shoe, a plastic cup, my new rug and Nolan's flip flops.  But then he curls up on the couch with Colton, just like he belongs there, and has this uber cute way of scooting himself belly first off the couch.  Then he rests there a bit before lazily shoving off with his back feet.  Stinker.  I know I will be missing him too.




13 comments:

  1. As you and your honey are on the road for date week, know that smiling thoughts accompany both of you. Enjoy your trip to the max, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you like your bookmark! Even more happy that it reminds you of such a great memory! Safe travels and have a great trip with your Superman (which, by the way, is the cutest thing ever!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip! Uninterrupted days with the one you love the most is so rare! I am going to be praying fervently that you can enjoy this time to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy this road trip adventure with your sweetheart, Vicky. Thinking of you always and sending you both love xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time, Vicky! There will be many moments to savor.Love and hugs! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the trip!!... love that pup, belly first, hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful time and that peace will be your constant companion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a wonderful trip Vicky....so happy you can get away with your hubby. Enjoy every single moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to be on an adventure with your hubby! (My hubby and I just returned from a four day get away--sweet memories.) Praying for both you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful time sweet Vicky. Thinking of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been thinking of you sweet Vicky, and I'm so glad the book arrived on time! I had to text Rick to make sure I had your address right. Quite the adventure, but so worth it to know you have that in hand. Also, the shot of your dog, so cute and loved the explanation to go with it. Our Snickers has some funny things he does too. Now, I feel like I should blog about them. :) Wishing you a beautiful experience with many mountaintop moments. XXOO, Roxane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are having a wonderful week together and cannot wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape