Thanks to Kelly at My Voice, My View for passing along this blog award. I am not always the best at keeping up with these when they come along but occasionally they come along at the perfect moment such as this one!
10 things that make me blissfully happy...
1. Sunshine, sunny days, sunrise, sunset. Sun = blissful, happy. Its my drug of choice.
By the way, does anyone remember the movie Sunshine from 1973? It was a beautiful but sad movie based on tape recording journals by Jacquelyn M. Helton who died of bone cancer at age 20. She left these recordings behind for her 2 year old daughter. In the movie her husband sings "Sunshine on my Shoulders," a John Denver song, to her. It is the ultimate tearjerker and while I was young when I saw it in a re-run, it has stayed with me for years. Please tell me someone remembers the movie?
2. Crawling into my bed with freshly laundered sheets. Its a pure bonus if those sheets were hung on the line to dry outside.... nothing beats the scent of fresh air.
3. A good story. Either in a conversation, a book or a movie. I am sucked in and won't come up for air if the story captivates me.
4. Travel. Anywhere. Anytime. I've been to Russia, England, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Canada and Mexico. I've been to most of the states in the United States. But my travel partner has recently been struck by a bit of claustrophobia and that includes airplanes. I have my passport ready just in case. Anyone want to go somewhere with me?
5. A certain blond-haired, brown-eyed, seven-year-old named Colton. Colton smiles with his whole face, from his dancing eyes to his dimpled cheeks... he lights up when he smiles and instantly lights my world.
6. A certain brown-haired, brown-eyed, nine-year-old named Nolan. Nolan lives most of his life at 9.5 on the intensity scale. He is a study in contrasts, loud one day, and sullen the next. But he doesn't hold back in passionately pursuing everything he loves.
7. The first sip of my morning coffee.
8. Sharing the early morning with my husband and our coffee and the newspaper.
9. Watching Mark Ladwig and Amanda Evora skate in Sunday night in the AT&T US Figure Skating Olympic Send-Off. Did you see them? Do you see why I am so excited?
10. You. Yes, you reading this. Blogging has certainly been a life changing experience, but the reward has been getting to know all of you and having you enrich my life. Bloggie friends=blissful.
Thanks again, Kelly!
I am choosing...
Happy Bend Girl Be sure to check out her Valentine's Day giveaway too!
My Cozy Cabin
The Flexural for my back seemed to work for awhile. I was getting more accomplished during the days and managed to go t...
When I stepped into the exam room to see Dr. Panwalkar, I had no idea just how much everything was about to turn upside down. Jus...
Each time I log in here, I'm at a different point in my life it seems. I have so many posts started, and not completed because the new...
My word for 2017 is love. I've been reflecting quite a bit on all that I learned about love this past year. I think the biggest le...
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and grat...