Monday, August 11, 2008

Are you Marlene's daughter?

"No. Marlene has 3 boys. I am Mary Ann's daughter." If only I had a dollar for every time I have been asked that over the years. But the family resemblances were quite prominent this weekend at my Uncle Bill and Aunt Carol's 5oth wedding anniversary party. I would say the Brainerds, Byes, and of course the Krogens were well represented! The "cool" part for me is that while my boys are growing up with only 4 first cousins (so far) they have quickly grown accustomed to my cousins kids (their second cousins) and include them in the term "my cousins." And there are a lot! Considering I have 19 first cousins on my mother's side... well you get the idea.

If you've ever moved away and been unable to attend family gatherings you really lose a piece of connectedness. I am beginning to feel grounded again. Happy 50th Anniversary to my Godparents, Bill and Carol, who have been the foundation of many happy family celebrations and an inspiration in their marriage, and in the way they have raised their family, and in the way they live their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape