Friday, January 21, 2011

Introducing... Roba Dolce!

Kudos to the Fed-Ex lady today!  Its was unspeakably cold, or -12 below zero outside.  Here was this tiny Fed-Ex woman trying to carry this enormous box up our snowy sidewalk.  Her glasses were fogged up and with the 3 scarfs she layered around her head, neck and face, she could barely see.  But she was happy as a clam to bring me a special delivery.   The box read "perishable" and I couldn't wait to rip it open.  She waited with me to see what it was...


 
Photobucket

Do you see what it says under the black and white triangle?  "Dry ice..."  The mystery of the box continues...
Photobucket

Until we got to this part...  the look on her face was priceless and I only wished she could have stayed to enjoy some with me.
Photobucket

Voila!  Roba Dolce Sorbetto and Gelato!!  Have you heard of Roba Dolce?  Chances are you will soon!  
Photobucket


Photobucket



Every time Karen @ This Old House II mentions her husband's new business venture, Roba Dolce my mouth starts to water for a taste, even when its breakfast time.  So even though it was 10:00 am?  You know I had some mango sorbetto for breakfast!! And yep... IT WAS AWESOME!  

We received lemon and mango sorbetto. For gelattos we got pistachio, coconut, and dark chocolate chunk.  Yummy! 


Thank you Roba Dolce!  Thank you Karen!


The boys of course have to wait till after school tonight to try some, but then we'll get a "review" from them.  Would you like to learn more about Roba Dolce?  Click on the button in my right hand sidebar at the top or follow the links...


10 comments:

  1. Is is creamy and not icy? Then I will try some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the FedX lady stayed to see what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Vickie!!! and I thank you for the shout out. Please let me know what the boys think - and remember to let it temper (soften) - the flavor and texture is best then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "delicious" arrival ... wonder if they ship this direction?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it's hard for me to think of anything cold right now, since it's all around us, this has my mouth watering too, Vicky. What a fun surprise in the middle of winter, and I can imagine the delight on the face of the FedEx lady. You described this well and kept us in suspense! So glad for your visuals to make it even more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to receive...I want some too! YUMMY to every flavor! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've heard of Roba Dolce on the Food Network. What a wonderful gift. I think I would highly enjoy the pistachio myself!!!!

    We all need treats once in a while. I'm smiling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, now that's what I call a tasty package!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to grace me with your thoughts and words!

When you get lucky

When you get lucky

Popular Posts

Minnesota.com

Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape